Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I can barely keep my eyes open

I am just swamped today, so please forgive me if my post is unusually short. Between work, my daughter, and my thesis, I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open. I didn't turn the computer off until 10pm last night, and when the alarm went off this morning I wanted to throw it out the window :-) Amazingly I did NOT hit the snooze button!

There is some news here. The Scandinavian Aviation Academy released the names of the student and instructor pilots- both were Swedish males, age 23 and 22. I feel so badly for their families, and for the family of the La Jolla orthodontist. My husband went by the dog park yesterday and said they were having a memorial service at the park (I still do not feel ready to go by there). I know they are also having a memorial service this Saturday in La Jolla.

According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, the NTSB released a preliminary report today. They still don't know what caused the accident, basically. Interestingly, a professional pilot saw the crash from Mt Helix, and said he saw an Eastbound plane strike a plane travelling Southwest, although the report does not identify which plane was travelling east or southwest.

It sounds as if it will take quite a long time before a full report is released, which is expected in 6 months to 18 months.

So, I know the families, like me or even more so, have lots of questions, and those questions will unfortunately have to remain unanswered for now.

In other news, the park, like I inferred above, is open again, and my husband said they did an excellent job cleaning it up. I will probably still wait a while before returning.

I'd like to thank the El Cajon and La Mesa police and fire departments for their swift actions to protect all of the people and the land of the area, we all really appreciate their hard work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home