Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Chicken Pox Central

Rachel came home from school on Friday with ChickenPox. I was shocked, I was floored- she had the vaccine! I didn't realize the vax is only 80% effective. But the good news is that with the vaccine she has had a very mild case and is ready to go back to school tomorrow.

But the bad news? I have never had chicken pox before, nor has my hubby. Hubby is home from work sick, in bed with a fever. We are unsure if it is chickenpox already. The incubation period for chickenpox is 7 days to 21 days, with the average being 10 to 14 days.

I don't want to get it, I'm irritated with my doctors now for never suggesting the chicken pox vaccine for me. Yes, if you have not had chicken pox, adults can get the vaccine and I highly recommend getting the vax!

She's done well for being sick. She's happy and playing, just feels itchy and uncomfortable.

In a weird turn of coincidence, I heard Jason Lee of "My Name is Earl" is also out sick with chicken pox this week. I hope he gets well soon, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home