Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Weekend thoughts

As the weekend draws to a close (and because Grey's Anatomy is a repeat! A repeat), it affords me some time here to relay my weekend to you, oh dear Internet.

1) Making crank calls to my house at 2:30 and 3:00 in the morning with the intent to make me feel miserable the next day- hey, you succeeded. Congratulations.

2) Went to the beach expecting some of that fantastic California sunshine (hey, I do pay a sunshine tax to live here, after all)- nope, I was freezing my tucchus off, so we turned around and left.

3) Went to the mall where I am now the proud owner of my first pair of designer jeans in well over a decade (since the last century, you could say!) Doubtful I will model them here, so sorry to disappoint. You seriously have no idea how long it has been since I bought new clothes. I'm quite sure I have clothes from middle school hiding in my closet (that is, sadly, not a joke).

4) Am now hooked on The Next Food Network Star. Darn it. As if I needed more to add to my viewing schedule. I need TiVo!

5) Finally concluded the Kill Bill series (and did I hear the Encore channel bleep out part of the movie? I've never had a cable movie channel bleep a word before. Now I'm curious to find out what it was).

6) Saw The Ice Harvest -while I am a huge John Cusack fan, and I enjoyed him in this film, I didn't care for the movie, it was a little too dark for my tastes. I have to admit I was disappointed, I was hoping it would be more in the vein of Grosse Pointe Blank.

7) Had a fabulous meal at Trattoria Tiramisu. While we did not have reservations, next time I will definitely make some- I think we just got lucky. I've never had a bad meal there. I purposely saved half of my entree so I could get dessert, but then had to choose between my 2 favorites- Tiramisu (yes, it lives up to their name) and Creme Brulee. I chose the Tiramisu, and the portion was so large that I could not even finish it. A +, 5 stars, however you want to rank it. Fantastic!

8) Also had a fabulous meal at Point Loma Seafoods, but after appearing on Rachael Ray's "$40 a day" on the Food Network, it looked like a lot of people had the same idea we had. I have never seen it so crowded, and after a half hour of waiting gave up on getting a table (short of tackling someone, I chose to sit on a bench). If you are ever in town and are jonesing for seafood, this is the place to go. A caveat- they are only open until 6:30pm each night. I had the fish sandwich, delish! Oh, and despite the "Please do not feed the birds" signs, a pushy seagull managed to get away with some of my fries.

That was pretty much it. A nice relaxing weekend. Sometimes it's nice to be a tourist in your own town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home