Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Most overused business phrase

I admit I am a huge fan of Dilbert.

Mostly because Scott Adams gets it so right, laugh-out-loud funny because it's true. Scott Adams takes a lot of his material from his fans, who write in with "You won't believe what Alice did today..." Granted, I no longer am a gopher in cubicle-land, but I was, and I was a cynic even back then.

I especially enjoyed the "motivational" conference the 5,000+ person company held, where the CEO smashed a watermelon a la Gallagher, to quash the "beast of low morale".

If that's not a Dilbert moment, I don't know what is.

Along with what business folk do, it can be equally funny what they actually say.

For me? My least popular phrase is "at the end of the day". I have found people who say it, use it often. What's funny to me is there is someone out there who agrees with me:

The most overused business phrase...

Also enjoyable are the user-submitted comments for their least favorite business phrase.

Leave me a comment with your least favorite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home