Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Secrets

I found out someone's secret tonight.

It didn't feel good, it didn't feel like "tee-hee, I know something you don't know." It wasn't gossip.

I just feel sad. Sad for this person. Sad for their spouse. Extra sad for their kids.

And mad that I didn't know. Mad at myself for not catching the signs. And wondering what, if anything, I could have done. What I can do. Is it too late?

Wondering why no one else told me, why my other friends felt they had to keep it from me. Did it affect me? Did it affect my daughter?

It shatters my perception of people. A picture perfect family. A family I envied, respected, looked up to, really strived to be like. The nicest people you ever could meet. And now, now I try to imagine the hell they are going through, and I can't. I just can't imagine.

Now I feel like no one is immune. Everyone has a dirty little secret. What's mine? What's yours?

Post Secret

1 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

This is why I no longer put people up on a pedastool. I'm always sorely disappointed.

2:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home