Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Autumn.... with a twist of Santa Ana

One of the things I miss the most about living in Southern California is experiencing the Fall season. You have to drive a good hour or more east of this area to experience Fall weather, and even then it is NOTHING like being on the East Coast, or even better, New England, during the Fall season.

We've had a rough week here, temperature-wise it felt like summer as we had a Santa Ana all week.

It finally broke today, and it's actually somewhat cooler and pleasant- and dare I say, fall-like? Is this the way we'll celebrate the autumnal equinox, with some real Fall weather?

All it's doing is making me miss my times in Illinois, Pennsylvania, and Maryland. And yes, when you live way over here, Illinois does feel like the East Coast! :-) Even my years in Texas had more of a Fall season than this deceptively desert-like area.

Which brings me to my best find of the fall season. I know I'm behind, and there are many, MANY of you who have discovered this before me. But I had a meeting at Starbucks (many telecommuters work at local coffee shops, and this particular store is my favorite- although I have a love-hate relationship with the other store location near me).

A week ago everyone in front of me ordered the Pumpkin Spice Latte or Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino. I ordered my usual Mocha, hold the whipped cream, can you please make it with skim milk? This is the same drink I've been buying from Starbucks, hot or cold, for forever.

Yesterday? I decided to be bold, and ordered the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino.

I took one sip and just about jumped out of my chair, and I'm sure other customers were staring at me like the freak-sometimes customer who doesn't understand the proper etiquette of enjoying Starbucks. Rule one- don't squeal in delight when you taste the coffee. At least, not in front of the other customers. I'm sure my Barista was saying to her staff, "And that is how it's done."

It is like drinking a pumpkin pie.

Read that again.

DRINKING a pumpkin PIE.

Oh my heavens, this thing is so good. Go out and buy one right now.

Unless you hate pumpkin pie, and then definitely order the mocha. If you hate sweet things, also not for you- incredibly sweet. I adore this thing.

I'm not the only one who loves this drink...

Ditto Hungry Girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home