Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Homework

I was helping the teacher in my child's classroom the other day.

It was the end of the school day. They had about 20 minutes left. It was time to go to "gym"- which was just playing on the playground, apparently.

The kids were very excited to be done with their assignments, and began packing up their backpacks.

Then my daughter's voice piped up.

"Mrs. Smith! Mrs. Smith! You haven't given us our homework yet."

Groan.

You could hear the class collectively.

"Ra-a-a-a-chel!"

"We almost got out of here with no homework!"

"Thanks a lot!"

And then Rachel pipes back in.

"What? I want to be smart! If you don't want to be smart, that's your problem!"

Sigh.

If I ever had any doubts she wasn't my child, they're certainly gone now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home