Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

I'm sick, so it must be Christmas

Yes, you heard it here folks! Wendy is sick! It wouldn't be Christmas without it.

I'm sure my parents will shake their heads when they read this post. This tradition began when I was 16, Christmas of 1989.

Christmas Day, I wasn't eating anything, I was feeling sick. They had already dragged me to the ER twice that week. I told my mom, "I don't feel well, I think I need to see a doctor."

They reluctantly took me to the ER- FOR THE THIRD TIME- and on Christmas DAY!- to discover I had Mono. And I was completely dehydrated. I spent 5 days in the hospital, next to a car accident victim who had been in there for months- she had been hit by a car on the Los Angeles freeway. I remember being scared of her.

Between Christmas and New Year's of 1999/2000- I got sick on a family vacation to Disneyworld (and my family wonders why I no longer will travel at Christmastime) and ended up at some honkytonk little Urgent Care, and watched some guy threaten to sue the clinic for not letting him see a doctor ahead of the other patients. Woo, that was a fun vacation.

So here I am, losing my voice. I think it might be Bronchitis. I have been feverish all week but with no fever. So I am posting deliriously, despite my better judgement.

Blog of the day:

http://americablog.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, here I am!

I get sick on christmas, too. Penicillin shots in the butt on christmas when you're a kid are no fun. Hope you feel better soon!

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home