Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Cooking up a storm

So today I am venturing out into the unknown- I'm going to my very first ever cooking class. I will let you know how it goes. I've only signed up for 2 classes in case I don't like it. It should be interesting!

I have been cooking more and more since I have been fortunate enough to be working from home. Yesterday's meal- my version of chili:

1 pound ground beef
1/2 large sweet onion (Vidalia is best!), diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can red kidney beans, drained
1 14.5 oz can tomatoes, undrained
4 tablespoons chili powder
Red pepper and hot sauce to taste

Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Put meat in the crockpot. Then saute the onion and red pepper until the onion is translucent. Add to crockpot. Add remaining ingredients in crockpot, stir. Cook on Low for 6-8 hours or High for 3-4 hours. Top with cheese to taste, serve with bread for dippin'. If you want to make this the true texas way, omit the beans and add another pound of ground beef, double the onion and tomatoes.

Enjoy, y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home