Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Oh, the humanity!

Today I have a giant pimple on my chin. Well, I shouldn't say today, it's been there for days, my hormones out of whack. It just looks particularly, well, overwhelming today.

My daughter's friend came over today. She is staring at me and says, her voice trembling with fear, "What is that on your face?"

"A pimple."

Pause.

"A what?"

"A pimple. It's something that happens to your skin around the time you turn 13."

Pause.

Quiet voice, "I never want to be 13."

Thanks, kid.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Ugh. Kids are so brutally honest. Little buttheads.

4:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home