Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Madness!

Kiki, age 3.5 months

So our house has descended into utter chaos of late.

We got a new puppy. I know, I know, I should have told you guys sooner. We had to keep it a secret at first, she was an Easter surprise for my daughter. We now have 2 corgis, a boy and a girl:


Fortunately for us, Kona and Kiki adore each other. They are just so cute together. Rachel says, "I hope they fall in love!" Ummm, I would explain the concept of neutering and spaying, but I haven't done so yet :-) Anyway, they keep each other busy, which is what I was hoping for. Kiki is frickin' adorable, and loves to cuddle with humans (and try to lick your face off).

I've also continued to be busy with work, school, my daughter's activities, and Girl Scouts. Somehow I decided it would be a good idea to invite a few school friends over for pizza. The last time I had people over I cooked a very intricate dinner, and they were late, and food was burned, and Momma was NOT a happy camper. Therefore, I thought pizza would be MUCH simpler, and hey, I'm entertaining kids here.

Therefore, I went crazy with cleaning the house here (by going "crazy", my husband will tell you I actually cleaned the house for a change). I knew I had descended into madness when I figured out that Duct Tape will pull up the dog hair off of the bedspread.

Do you know how long it takes to clean a room of dog hair, using only duct tape? I can tell you the duct tape has stronger sticky-ness than the "pet hair pick-up" tools they sell, which are utter crap, so while it may seem silly, it actually does work.

Still, my husband was shaking his head at my technique. Whatever, I had no idea how much dog hair was in this house that is NOT on the dogs.

And remember, I also have 2 cats. Just call us a zoo.

I promise to post photos after the party, promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home