Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Age appropriate? I think not.


This weekend I took my daughter to the movies to see Ice Age 2. The movie has been doing well recently, and it being a holiday weekend, the theater was PACKED.

We were wondering why the movie started late, and then the R rated previews came on. The Poseidon (which concerned my daughter, "Did this really happen?" etc), The Fast and The Furious, X-Men 3.... all previews totally inappropriate before a G rated movie- my daughter was easily, at age 7, among the oldest children in the theater.

And then the movie came on.

And it wasn't Ice Age 2.

It was "V for Vendetta", which immediately begins as a gory mess before the title credits run.


We're all looking at each other as it slowly dawns on us this is NOT a preview, but rather a horrible, terrible mistake.

I grab my daughter, after covering her eyes, and pull her out of the movie theater. There's an angry mob forming around some poor young guy with a walkie talkie, calmly asking them to turn off the movie.

At this point, little children are screaming and crying, and parents are screaming that they want to talk to a manager.

Fortunately for me, my daughter was rather calm and didn't understand why I got so upset. We returned to the theater once "V" was turned off, but only about half of the crowd returned to see the movie.

I'm going to guess that half received a refund, but what about those of us that stayed? It would have been nice for the theater to come in and apologize to us. I didn't want my money back, I just wanted an apology. TO THE KIDS! not to me.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me, but in my opinion, this was a major Oops!

And before I forget, the actual Ice Age 2 movie was very cute, I loved listening to the children laughing, I never get tired of my daughter's smile and laugh! I was glad, in the end, we were able to see the movie we came to see.

Images copyright http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/ and http://www.iceagemovie.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home