Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A taser, a dog, and a possum

That was the headline on tonight's 11 o'clock news.

I mean, you've gotta tune in for that one, right? Your imagination runs wild, what could that possible be?

Well, the true story is not that fascinating (see here), but man, you better believe they got some viewers tonight. (Ok, yes, I feel badly about the dog, poor thing)

For some reason, the critters love San Diego. My old neighborhood was overrun by skunks and occasionally coyotes, even though we lived near downtown. I never thought they would go urban, but I guess when you've got urban expansion, they've got no choice but to go urban.

My old house, we were in the front yard one year watching the Fourth of July fireworks- from one direction you could see them over the bay, from the other direction you could see them over the Pacific. On our return inside the house, my daughter said there was a mouse in the tree.

I laughed, oh, how I laughed! Mice don't live in trees, silly!

I turn around, and there is this GIGANTIC possum. It looked like a rat on steroids. A really ugly rat.

And that, my friends, that is how my daughter learned her first swear word.

*No possums were harmed in the making of this blogpost, nor ever. We went on our merry way, and so did the possum.

1 Comments:

Blogger Buffy said...

Those things ARRREEE rats!!!

9:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home