Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The real frog

My daughter had a pink and blue rubber frog.

You've probably seen these in toy stores, they're shiny and goopy and come in all sorts of shapes- frogs, lizards, bugs. They're stretchy and fun to mush up.

This frog made an appearance last night. It's probably been many months since she's played with this frog.

She brought it out to me and announced that her frog was real.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"She's real, Mom."

"Yes, but what's her name?"

She had to think about it for a minute. She even turned her over to see if she had a name written on her.

"Clara."

"That's a very nice name."

"Be careful, Mom. She hops."

"OK," I said. "Ribbit," I said to the frog.

"Mom, she's not hopping because she likes to play dead."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home