Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

It's time for an update

OK folks, here goes with an update...

Most of you appear to be scared of my "Before" photo, and trust me, since I've seen it, I am, too.

However, here's how things stand. 6 Pounds lost in 1 week, jeans that would not fit two weeks ago now fit, I'm up to working out an hour and a half in one session. I also notice some changes in my body. My husband says my face looks thinner, and I notice it in my tush (from the elliptical machine) I will give updated weight results after my weigh-in day, which is on Thursdays.

My husband bought me this really awesome Polar heart rate monitor (in Pink, no less!) and according to my trusty HRM, I've burned over 2,500 calories at the gym this week alone. I worked out with my trainer Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I did at least an hour of cardio on my own at the gym Tuesday and Thursday, and I will be doing an hour on my treadmill at home today.

Also helping me along my journey is Weight Watchers online. I attended meetings two years ago and lost 30 pounds in 3 months, so I know WW works for me when I put effort into it.

In case you're wondering, I'm doing the Flex plan, because I'm a math geek and anything with numbers is really fun for me. Don't forget, all of that activity I'm doing earns me activity points, so I get to eat more calories than I would if I weren't exercising.

If all of this sounds like a lot of work, it is! All of a sudden my life is very, very busy. I'm focused right now and on track, so it feels great. I feel good, my energy level is higher, my mood is better, and I'm even sleeping better at night.

Another added bonus I'm enjoying- I'm at the gym SO MUCH right now, I'm actually making friends at the gym!!!

So, get out there, and move!!! See you at the gym!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

Good for you! I hope it continues to be fun.

Andrew (To Love, Honor, and Dismay)

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home