Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Ow ow ow ow

I'm not usually one of those people who make New Year's Resolutions. I gave up on them many years ago. I hated making the same resolution year after year. I thought if I needed to make the same one next year, I haven't succeeded, and it made me feel like my past year was a failure.

With that aside, something propelled my lazy butt into a gym on Monday.

Yes, a gym.

I won't name names, but I absolutely LOVE this gym. I last belonged to a gym that is, oh, fairly popular in Southern California due to their low prices and shuffle-the-crowds-through mentality. I hated having to wait for equipment, and my out-of-shape self never felt I belonged in that particular establishment.

This gym? This gym is fantastic for several reasons. It's CLEAN. Spotless. They're always cleaning it, and for a germophobe like me, well, that's worth every extra penny. It's not so crowded, and the crowd that is there is really nice! People have said hello and struck up conversations with me, not something that happened all that often in my last gym. As out of shape as I am, I don't feel like I'm completely out of place in this gym. I had one woman come up to me and say, "Good for you! Getting out here so early in the morning isn't easy, good for you for getting started!" And folks, THAT was awesome.

But it gets better.

I hired a personal trainer.

I'm under a contract, too, so I can't fanagle my way out of it. (Ditto on the gym- I paid up front for 2 years- no more excuses!) Three times a week I will meet with my trainer, and two to three days per week I will do cardio.

It's Friday afternoon and I've so far survived working out 5 days IN A ROW.

I'm sore as can be and when I walk I'm saying, "Ow, ow, ow" and I'm sure I'm making funny faces.

But I'm there, I'm doing the work, and it's hard, I won't lie to you.

I promise I'll let you know how this turns out. Aw heck, in the spirit of National De-Lurking Week, if I get 100 comments I will post my "BEFORE" photo here. If I get 200 comments, I will post my "BEFORE" measurements. So post away! I'm sure you wanna know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I'm not officially de-lurking since this is only my first or second time here but regardless you've possibly inspired me to use the last year of my two year gym membership and the last couple personal training sessions I paid for and never used. If I post this 100 times will you still post your "before" photo!? Okay, probably not. But, much good luck to your new healthy lifestyle. I just may jump in the pool with you!

7:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home