Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Vacation... in October

My daughter has one of these new fangled things called a Fall Break.

I first had one of those in college, a long weekend for Columbus Day, which was really just an excuse to study hard for mid-terms.

Now, my daughter's school is on a "modified year-round" calendar. She's got 2 weeks off from school!

I was more excited about this time off than she was- it was less homework, less driving, and no more alarm at 7am.

She finds it weird that a lot of her friends do not have this break, and are in school and hence cannot play.

While she doesn't have homework per se, she has things to work on, like her times tables.

I have a list of errands to complete, too, and some fun things up my sleeve.

Her birthday, though, is in a few weeks, so I've got lots of planning to do!

The weather has turned cooler, too, which is fantastic. I love Fall, it is my favorite season.

Do your children have a Fall Break? If so, what do you do to keep them entertained?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home