Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Masive update

Yes, it's true! I've had Bronchitis for 5 straight weeks. It's been unbelievably miserable, culminating in an ER visit while on vacation last week. I've tried my best to keep up with my crazy schedule, but I've had to cut back on the amount of time and the intensity of my workouts.

With that said, I still had an amazing first month. I work out at the gym 4-6 times per week, for an hour to an hour and a half each visit. I train with my personal trainer three times per week, and that is the only strength training I am currently doing. All the rest of it is pure cardio.

I lost:

13 pounds

7 inches in my chest

3 inches in my waist

4 inches in my hips


Wow! I was very happy with those results. It's a lot of work, and so far it is paying off. It is why I am so irritated to be sick, I'm not able to push out those high intensity workouts. My doctor asked me to keep my heart rate at a moderate level, for purposes of avoiding my asthma attacks. I am using an albuterol inhaler immediately before my cardio sessions.

So, next month's results will be directly proportional to how hard I work at the gym. I am, however, still doing Weight Watchers at home, and sticking to it should help progress continue.

In other news, we celebrated Valentine's Day with a nice dinner at one of our favorite local Mom n Pop Italian restaurants. I allotted my WW points for the day, and was even able to have a slice of Cheesecake for dessert!


Anyway, here is a photo from Valentine's Day:




We did manage to go to Los Angeles last weekend, here are some photos:




Graumann's Chinese Theatre (with the handprints out front)




The El Cap, where we saw the newly restored Peter Pan





Your trusty writer accepting her first Academy Award. Yes, they really do feel heavy!




I got a free hug! I love Hollywood Blvd, it is full of the absolute craziest of the crazy. This is also where the celebrity impersonators hang out.



And last but not least, my favorite, Winnie the Pooh has his own Star on the Walk of Fame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home