Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Matisyahu

OK, I figured I had a few years before my daughter could out-perform me in the music department. I already listen to Radio Disney (although I admit, I do change the channel whenever she is not in the car!). Most of the time I listen to "alternative" radio stations, but I pay close attention to what's mostly considered "mainstream".

Then a song came on the radio the other day that I didn't recognize. My daughter says, "Oh, that's Matisyahu" and I figure, ha ha ha, there's no way she knows who this is and I don't. After all, she's 7, and doesn't listen to the radio when I'm not around.

But she was right! I couldn't believe it, I was so impressed she knew who it was. And she loves it. And apparently, a lot of you love it too.

The best way I can think of to describe it is Jewish Rap (Jewish Reggae?). Take a gander. I believe the song you hear on the radio is "King Without A Crown".

Matisyahu

And by the way, Matisyahu is Hebrew for "Matthew".

If you're in San Francisco, you can check him out live to on Monday night, to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim.

He'll be CD signing in San Diego on Tuesday March 14th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home