Children, cooking, marriage, random stuff, funny stuff, photography, dogs, cats, depression... Whatever you're looking for, you might find it here! The modern 5 and dime.

Monday, March 13, 2006

There's not enough coffee in the world

That's right, there's not enough coffee in the world to wake me up today. I had so much trouble sleeping last night that this morning I really hated my dreaded alarm clock.

I'm so sorry, dear internet, for my prolonged absence. I have been so busy I haven't even had time to tell you what I've been up to these last few days!

Thursday I went to the Old Globe Theatre to see Twyla Tharp's Bob Dylan musical The Times They are a Changin'. I went in to it with low expectations because the reviews I had read were cryptic at best, so I'll say they were "mixed".

From the opening note by Michael Arden, I was hooked. What an amazing voice! And he's cute, too. He kept me mesmerized the whole night. While the other 2 leads were also good, I was blown away by Michael's voice. The story line was weak (and that's being generous!), the circus theme a little odd but the acrobatics cool. I also learned I'm actually a Bob Dylan fan, which is something I didn't know about myself.

Long and short of it is, go see this when it is on Broadway. It's a new show so all the little kinks should be worked out by then, and for goodness sakes go see Michael Arden!!!

Does anyone else think he resembles George from Grey's Anatomy??? Which, by the way, was a terrific episode last night. I thought it wise they let Meredith's character shrink to the background last night for most of the episode- there are a lot of people who aren't too happy with her right now!

In other news, we got weather, real honest to goodness weather, down in Southern California over the weekend. We had hail off and on, and thunder and lightning that kept me awake at night. In the more inland areas, they got SNOW, a lot of it. I know many San Diegans drove out there just to see the snow, only to find the roads were actually impassable.

Otherwise, I hung out watching movies- didn't see anything worth raving about, but it did pass the time. Oh, but I did finally see "Kill Bill Vol 1"- yes, I don't get out much! I better go find some more coffee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home